Use of this site is subject to express terms
of use. By continuing past this page, you agree to abide by these terms.
Give us feedback - Discuss with others on google.public.labs.glossary
Look up color at Dictionary.com or Merriam-Webster
|Definitions for color from the web|
- Energy type. Each energy type is given a different color in Pokémon. A Pokémon's color is that Pokémon's energy type. Note that color does not refer to the color of the Pokémon itself or the color that is used to designate an energy type. For example, some Grass Pokémon are green, some like Arbok and Koffing are purple, and others are different colors. However, in the Pokémon TCG, the color of all Grass Pokémon is Grass.
- Space. The method by which a color is specified. For example, the RGB color space specifies color in terms of three intensities for red (R), green (G), and blue (B). Sometimes also referred to as color model.
- Attribute. An attribute that affects the color values provided in a graphics primitive, a text control sequence, or an IPDS command. Examples of color attributes are foreground color and background color.
- A persons recognition of an objects color is the result of a complex process involving the response of the brain to the interaction of light with the object. Numerical descriptions of these three components ( 1. light source, 2. object, 3. observer) are all that is required to calculate the description of any color with an objective set of numbers. Other factors certainly influence our perception of color, but without these three components there is no perception. By the way, blue, black, green, red are all examples of color. Due to the fact that you are smart enough to use the Apparel Search glossary, we assume you already now this.
- The amount or presence of body color in a diamond. Color is an important factor to beauty, rarity, and value because it is something a consumer can see without the aid of equipment. The absence of color in diamonds is most rare and highly prized. Most diamonds mined in nature have traces of yellow, some brown or gray. When deeper colors appear, these are called fancy color diamonds.
- The heartwood of every tree has a distinctive color. Describing wood color is difficult because wood from the Maple tree will have a 'maple' color and Redwood a 'redwood' color. Trees lend their names to colors in inks, paints and dyes.
- Technically it's the wavelength of light reflected by something which then enters your eye and is processed by your brain. This means the color is influenced by the light surrounding the item, what the item is made of, the ability of your eye to see and your brain to process color, etc. Which is just a fancy way of saying every person sees every color a bit differently!
- Color is a visual sensation. By the CIE color measurement method, color can be determined by measurement of hue, saturation, and brightness of the reflected light.
- Table. A collection of color element sets. The table can also specify the method used to combine the intensity levels of each element in an element set to produce a specific color. Examples of methods used to combine intensity levels are the additive method and the subtractive method. See also color space.